Please submit your VISA packet with the materials in the following order so it can be easily reviewed by the UTSA Office of International Programs:
- Signed and dated visa application completed following the guidelines provided by the UTSA Study Abroad office
- 2 copies of your passport
- 2 copies of your driver’s license or state ID
- Letter from the Dean of COLFA verifying acceptance into the program, proof of accommodation, and proof of health insurance coverage (Note: this will be provided by the COLFA Dean’s office)
- Proof of financial means (bank statement, financial aid letter, scholarship, or notarized affidavit, if applicable). A minimum of $800 for each month of stay in Italy is required. Students who receive financial aid must present an official letter from their university stating amount of aid and time of disbursement
- 2 copies of your flight itinerary. This must be a round-trip flight reflecting program dates and airport of entry in Italy
- Valid U.S. passport. It must be signed and valid for at least 3 months beyond the requested visa expiration date
- Recent passport photo (must be different from the photo in your passport)
- Please note: the visa application fee indicated on the checklist will be covered by the program. You do not need to include this fee in your application packet.
Please use this checklist to ensure that your VISA application is complete. If you are applying for your visa on your on, please use this Visa Application Form and consult this model to make sure it is completed correctly. ALL highlighted fields MUST be completed.
Please not that if you are unable to submit your passport and visa application by the UTSA deadline, you will be obliged to submit your application in person at the Italian Consulate in Houston and cover the cost of the visa yourself (usually $55-60). Visa applications are accepted by appointment only. Please consult the Italian Consulate’s website for full details and current fees. You can make an appointment through their portal (link at the bottom of the Study Visa page on the Italian Consulate website).